International Conference on Shaken Baby Syndrome/Abusive Head Trauma
Save the Date - May 4, 5, 6 2014
For information in French/Pour toute information en Français, veuillez CLIQUER ICI
The National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome (USA) (NCSBS), in collaboration with a European Organizing Committee, is delighted to announce the International Conference on Shaken Baby Syndrome/Abusive Head Trauma which will be held in the magnificent city of Paris, France in the spring, May 4, 5 & 6, 2014. The program will include presentations from experts from leading universities, institutions and organizations throughout North American and Europe.
Please note that the NCSBS is also sponsoring an international conference in Denver, Colorado (USA) in the autumn of 2014.
European Organzing Committee: The NCSBS has the honor in planning this conference with an amazing European Planning Committee. The following individuals are world experts in their respected fields and are great partners to work with:
- Anne Laurent-Vannier, MD, Head of the Department of Paediatric Rehabilitation, Hôpitaux de Saint Maurice-Val de Marne
- Catherine Adamsbaum, MD, Professor and Chairman Paediatric Radiology, Bicêtre Hospital APHP, Paris-Sud University
- Caroline Rey Salmon, MD, Paediatrician and Forensic Scientist (Médecin Légiste), Hôtel Dieu Hospital APHP
Venue: The venue for this world renowned multidisciplinary conference will be the beautiful Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel. The hotel is located in downtown Paris and just a short walk from the Eiffel Tower and next to the Seine River. With the additional costs to travel to Paris, we make every effort to make all other costs very reasonable. The hotel is an affordable yet generous package this year:
- Very economical rate of 170 Euros (excluding VAT) for one person and 185 Euros (excluding VAT) for double occupancy.
- Room reservation includes complete buffet breakfast.
- Complimentary internet for hotel guests.
- Beautiful meeting space located just adjacent to the hotel lobby.
- Three restaurants within hotel and numerous others within 5-10 minute walking distance.
- Located only a short walk from railway station which provides access to all of Paris, including Charles de Gaulle International Airport, at a very low cost.
Reservations can now be made at the hotel. We advise you to make the hotel reservations early to ensure a room at this reduced rate. To view the hotel and the surrounding area visit: Venue Website
Program: The program will focus on three areas of expertise: state of the art medical practice and research; legal challenges surrounding AHT cases and; and evidence-based prevention programs and initiatives. The sessions will be a balance of North American and European presenters. All presentations will be given in English with a majority of the sessions being translated simultaneously in French.
If you have questions regarding the conference, please contact Danielle Vazquez, Conference Coordinator, at 801-447-9360 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org