International Conference on Shaken Baby Syndrome/Abusive Head Trauma
The first conference held in Europe in over ten years was a tremendous success. With professionals attending from 22 countries, this conference provided a great opportunity for individuals to network and learn from each other.
With the help from the European Organizing Committee, this three day conference had sessions with topics that ranged from the most current scientific research, medical practices, investigative techniques and scientifically based prevention programs. Each presentation was simultaneously translated into French.
The conference started with a wonderful presentation from Dr. Carole Jenny on "What is Known and Unknown about Abusive Head Trauma." In this session, she reviewed medical literature about what the evidence has shown to be true regarding AHT/SBS. She also discuss the gaps in our knowledge and propose an agenda for future research.
The conference closed with an informative keynote address from Dr. John Leventhal. He discussed "Diagnosing Abusive Head Trauma: The Challenges Faced by Clinicians".
To see the remaining presentation line up, click the download program at the top of this page.
We would like to thank all of the wonderful supporters and sponsors that made this conference a success.
- European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR)
- European Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ESPRM)
- European Brain Injury Society (EBIS)
- Société Française de Pédiatrie (SFP)
- Société Francophone d'Imagerie Pédiatrique et Prénatale (SFIPP)
- Société Française de Neurologie Pédiatrique (SFNP)
- Société Francophone d'Etudes et de Recherche sur les Handicaps de l'Enfance (SFERHE)
- Société Française de Médecine Légale (SFML)
- Union Nationale des Associations de Familles de Traumatisés Crâniens (UNAFTC)
- Compagnie Nationale des Experts médecins (CNEM)
- Prem Up
- Société Française de Radiologie (SFR)
- Société Française de Médecine Physique et de Réadaptation (SOFMER)
- France Traumatisme Crânien
- Mairie du 15ème
If you missed this amazing opportunity, please join us in Denver, Colorado in September 2014. This program will have over 75 sessions during the three day program.